About The Author:
Doug was born in Houston, TX but, like Jesus, did most of his growing up in a place called Palestine. Only, his Palestine was located in deep East Texas and pronounced Pal-Es-Teen.
Doug was raised in an unchurched family where he only went to church for holidays and funerals. At age 16, Doug came to put his faith in Jesus Christ as the resurrected Lord.
God called Doug to ministry in 2000 and then provided an avenue for pastoral training through a B.A. in Business Administration from Baylor University, an MDiv from Truett Seminary at Baylor, and and PhD in Theological Studies from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL. He was blessed to learn the practical side of ministry while serving on the staff of what he considers his home church for 9 years. Doug has served on church staffs, largely in young adult ministry, in Texas and Florida.
The husband to Natalie and father to Grace and James, Doug has a passion to make disciple-making disciples who are deployed to make disciples of all the nations. Accordingly, Doug has also written in the areas of church history, discipleship, and American culture. When not pastoring or writing, Doug enjoys a good cup of hot tea, a good pickup basketball game, and a good comedic film or television series.
– PhD in Theological Studies from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (2011)
– MDiv, Truett Theological Seminary (2007)
– BA in Business Administration – Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Society, Baylor University (2004)
- Academic Organizations
- Evangelical Theological Society (2007–present)
- Conference on Faith and History (2007–2009)
- American Society of Church History (2007–2009)